Writing a simple script
The following example shows how to write a simple “Hello World!” Python script. The example uses a Python for Series 60 module named "appuifw"
For more information about it, see Python for Series 60 Platform API Reference (http://kom.aau.dk/project/mobilephone/Python/API_Reference_for_Python.pdf).
- Open a text editor.
- Write the following lines (the first line is a comment):
- Save the file as hello.py
from appuifw import *
note(u"Hello World!", "info")
Running a Python script on the emulator
This guide and the related screenshots, refers to the Python For Series60 for 2nd Ed FP2.
To run a Python script on the Nokia Series 60 SDK emulator it is necessary to follow the following steps:
- Save the hello.py file in the folder: <EPOCROOT>\Epoc32\Release\wins\udeb\z\system\apps\PYTHON
- Start the Nokia Series 60 SDK emulator (see Figure below)
- Select the Python icon and click on it
- Click on “Select->Run script
- Click on hello.py
The below figure shows the screen shots of all the steps