The course will start from scratch but participants need some experience with JAVA programming. The course will be held in English.
This course gives a detailed introduction to JAVA 2 Micro Edition and will provide participants with the skills to develop MIDP applications.
Who should attend
Everyone who wants to prove their ideas and concepts on mobile phones (as an example of embedded systems) should attend this course.
Kr. 7995 Dkr
Discount if you register for 2 or more modules in this course series at the same time!
2 modules: 10% discount, 3 modules: 15% discount, 4 modules: 20% discount. If you register for 2 or more modules and therefore qualify for a discount, please note this under 'comments' in the registration form.
Duration and Schedule
Aalborg Universitet: 31/10 and 1/11-2006, 9:00-17:00
IHK, Ballerup: 7/11 and 8/11-2006, 8:30-16:30
(2 days: both days consist of a 3 hour lecture and a 3 hour exercise)
Additional reading is not required for this module. Course participants need to bring a laptop with Windows XP SP2 installed. The instructors will provide mobile phones for programming and Bluetooth sticks for interconnection.
- J2ME Architecture
- Mobile Information Device Profile (MIDP)
- J2ME in a nutshell
- Your first application: "Hello World!"
- High-lvel and low-level user interface API overview
- The Record Management System (RMS)
- SDKs and development tools
- Creating an application using the IDE and Wireless Toolkit
- Getting started with J2ME development
- MIDP execution environment
- MIDlets and MIDlet Suites
- User Interface classes
- Other MIDP and CLDC classes
- Application development and packaging
- I/O in MIDP
- Connections overview
- Wireless Messaging API (JSR 120)
- Bluetooth API (JSR 82)
- Networking examples
- Developing Network Applications
- SMS and MMS
Click here for more information