The course will start from scratch but participants need some experience with the Symbian C++ programming language and object oriented programming. The course will be held in English.
This course gives an introduction to Symbian C++ development and will provide participants with the knowledge necessary to get started with Symbian development. The participants will be introduced to the tools and fundamental concepts that are part of Symbian C++ development.
Who should attend
Everyone who wants to prove their ideas and concepts on mobile phones (as an example of embedded systems) should attend this course.
Kr. 7995 Dkr
Discount if you register for 2 or more modules in this course series at the same time!
2 modules: 10% discount, 3 modules: 15% discount, 4 modules: 20% discount. If you register for 2 or more modules and therefore qualify for a discount, please note this under 'comments' in the registration form.
Duration and Schedule
Aalborg: 21/11 and 22/11-2006, 9:00 -17:00
Ballerup: 28/11 and 29/11-2006, 8:30-16:30
(2 days: both days will consist of a 3 hour lecture and a 3 hour exercise)
Additional reading is not required for this module. Course participants need to bring a laptop with Windows XP SP2 installed. The instructors will provide mobile phones for programming and Bluetooth sticks for interconnection.
- SDKs and development tools
- Installing the Carbide C++ IDE
- The first application
- Creating an application using Carbide C++
- Introduction to the Symbian OS fundamentals
- Overview of the application framework
- Symbian OS fundamentals
- Naming Conventions
- Exception Handling
- Memory management
- Application Structure Overview
- Basic application structure
- Basic application classes
- Start-up sequence
- Client/Server architecture
- Example servers and client APIs
- Using client APIs
- The Active Object Framework
- Introduction to asynchronous event handling
- Active objects and the active scheduler
- Implementing active objects
Click here for more information