Forum Nokia Mobile Innovation Competition 2008 for University Students
This Competition is initiated by Forum Nokia and co-organised by Aalborg University (together as “Organizers”).
In this Competition students have a chance to prove and hone their skills as mobile application designers. The mission is to design and implement a mobile application and/or service with business potential. The subject is free of choice.
Competition is open to all students from Aalborg University, which has the status of Forum Nokia PRO member University.
Participating students must represent the same university during the Competition opening and closing dates. Teams of 2-3 students can participate to the Competition. Each team can submit only one entry to the Competition. No purchase or admission fee is necessary to participate. Each team must pick themselves a name and a captain who represents the team in all communications with Organizes.
- Programming language is free of choice
- Application/service must run and be demonstrable on a Nokia device Nokia S60, Nokia Series 40 and/or Nokia Internet Tablet)
Submission has to include the following elements:
- Technical specifications and requirements of the application/service
- Application (where available for download)
- Demonstration (website or powerpoint and video)
- Business potential and user scenario (powerpoint presentation).
- Usability: Ease of using the application
- Tecnhology: Ability to effectively apply technologies
- Commercial Value: Extensiveness to which the application is commercially viable to implement
- Creativity: Originality, degree of technology innovation and innovativeness
- Participation: Extent to which applicaton fosters interactivity and sharing
- Demonstration: Application/service must run on a Nokia device
The participants may compensate certain courses and thereby receive student credits for completed competition. Each team/student must agree these terms with their contact professor/teacher.
The overall three (3) best applications selected from participating Universities will be awarded a each team of 5.000€ + a trip to S60 Summit in Barcelona Spain, May 28-29, 2008.
The prizes may not be changed for cash or for value. Nokia reserves the right to substitute a suitable prize of similar value in the event any prize originally specified is not available for whatever reason.
Opening & Closing dates
- Opening date: February 11, 2008
- Closing date: April 18, 2008
Terms and conditions
Read carefully the terms and conditions to participate to the competition.
To participate to the competition, please fill in the registration form and submit it to gpp(at)es.aau.dk with Registration Form – Forum Nokia Mobile Innovation Competition 2008 in the subject line no later than March 18, 2008.