Mobile Application Competition 2007
Mobile Application Competition is a contest in which students have a chance to prove and hone their skills as mobile application designers. Students from following schools are eligible for the competition:
Students from following schools are eligible for the competition:
- Aalborg University
- Aarhus University
- Danish Technical University DTU
The participants must be students in above mentioned schools on Februrary 28th 2007, when registration period ends.
Teams, which consist of 1-4 students, must pick themselves a name and a captain who represents the team in all communication with organizators. One team may have students from several of the above mentioned schools.
The mission is to design and implement a mobile application and service with business potential. The subject is free of choice. The application may utilize the following resources:
- Terminals: Nokia S60, Nokia Series 40 and Nokia Internet Tablet
- Programming language is free of choice
The submission has to include the following elements:
- Requirement specifications
- Business plan
- All documentation
- Presentation material (slides etc.)
The participants may compensate certain courses and thereby receive student credits for completed competition. Each team/student must agree these terms with their teacher.
- Registration by 28.02.2007
- Submitting requirement specification by 28.02.2007 at 12:00
- Submitting the final entry by 04.05.2007 at 12:00
- School wise elimination (3 best teams advance to national elimination)
- National elimination (3 best teams advance to final)
- Final in (Aalborg/DTU/Aarhus) 23.05.2007
- International final in Budapest in June 2007, week 23. Country winners invited.
(overall price money 5000 Euro)
1. Prize: tba and trip to Budapest mobile business conference
2. Prize: tba
3. Prize: tba
+ additional prizes
Terms and conditions
Before sending your submission, you must first read and accept the terms and conditions of the Contest, and agree to accept the final decision of the jury.
- This contest is open to the polytechnics and universities mentioned in competition rules.
- The promoter of this global competition is: F. Fitzek, T.R. Hansen and J.E. Larsen, hereinafter referred to as "The Arrangers" The information related to the Contest is available on https://typo3.kom.aau.dk/index.php?id=1640. The contestant should follow this website where the updated information relating to the Contest is available.
- Teams consist of 1-4 students. Each team can submit only one application, and the application can be submitted only to one category.
- Entries must be the participant's own original work and may not have been previously published. The contestants also control that the submission does not misrepresent an association or connection to some person, brand or thing that it does not actually have, and is not defamatory, libelous, vulgar, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, objectionable with respect to race, religion, creed, national origin, gender or sexual preference, or is otherwise inappropriate or unfit for publication. The contestant also agrees to use reasonable efforts to scan and remove any viruses before submitting any material.
- The contestant acknowledges that the submission is not submitted in confidence. The data the contestant submits via the submission form will be collected in a database and will be processed in order to evaluate the submissions, manage the Contest and determine the winners of the Contest. This data will not be used for any purposes other than for the purposes of the Contest. Individual contestant's personal data will not, without the consent of the contestant, be used for any other purpose than managing the Contest.
- By entering the contest all rights to the submission and the material shall remain with the contestant. Materials that are offensive or improper in nature, or are deemed harmful for the organizing companies will be subject to disqualification. The contestant acknowledges that the jury's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into, and the organizing party shall not engage in any communication on the procedural issues or the results of the Contest.
- The finalists agree that the organizing parties may use, display and publish their names, and the names and pictures of their principals for advertising and promotional purposes associated with the Contest, without additional consideration, world wide, in any media, until December 31st, 2007. Publishing of the details of the submissions and how they work, including screenshots, will be negotiated with each team separately.
- The Arrangers accept no liability for lost, damaged, misdirected or delayed entries or any technical difficulties affecting the end result of the competition or the entry to the competition. By participating the participant, and the winners, by acceptance of their prizes, agree to release and hold harmless Arranger, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and their officers, employees, agents and representatives from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses, which may be sustained directly or indirectly in connection with participation in this competition or with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating in, ad/or traveling to any prize-related activity. The Arrangers expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use of the prize awarded.
- Competition is subject to the laws of Denmark.
Please see also:
Frank H.P. Fitzek
Head of Future Visions
Niels Jernes Vej 12,
Thomas Riisgaard Hansen
University of Aarhus
8200 Aarhus N
Jakob Eg Larsen
Center for Information and Communication Technologies
Technical University of